Topics to be covered include ballet, chamber, choral and early music (the list is not exclusive). While waiting for the actual articles, the following websites may be useful for initial reference:
- The Australian Dance Council, Ausdance, “is Australia’s professional dance advocacy organisation for dancers, choreographers, directors and educators.” This site provides a network for musicians and composers with dance practitioners.
- Chamber Music Australia ”is the umbrella organisation responsible for organising the Melbourne International Chamber Music Competition and its smaller sibling event, the Australian Chamber Music Competition. Both competitions are held every four years alternating biennially similar in structure to the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. Chamber Music Australia also manages masterclasses and workshops for ensemble development.”
- Musica Viva Australia “ is the world’s largest entrepreneur of fine ensemble music, presenting more than 2,500 concerts each year across Australia and around the world to the widest possible range of audiences. Through intimate concert experiences the organisation inspires Australian imagination and creativity.”
- The Amateur Chamber Music Society (ACMS) provides support for amateur musicians in NSW. Other State amateur chamber music associations exist according to the ACMS, (Victoria, Canberra, South Australia), but the Australian Government’s cultural and recreation portal only lists the NSW organisation.
- The Australian National Choral Association (ANCA) is a non-profit organisation set up to encourage and promote choral music in Australia. It offers professional workshops for choir trainers, choristers, conductors and various elements of choral training, organises visits of international conductors, and offers a wide range of benefits to members listed on the website. “ANCA’s National Youth Choir of Australia provides a flagship for the talent of our young singers.”
- MCA’s Early Music Network identifies contacts and resources such as instrument makers, is developing a Australian directory of individual players and ensembles and contains further Internet links to ensembles and associations
Hans Hoegh-Guldberg. Last updated 18 April 2007.