Contributions are being invited. Meanwhile, interested persons may wish to consult websites like the following:
- The Country Music Association of Australia (CMAA) "was formed in 1992 to represent and promote all aspects of the Australian country music industry. As the national, peak industry body it has developed a wide range of activities, including organisation, promotion and staging of the CMAA Country Music Awards of Australia, CMAA Australian College of Country Music, CMAA College Graduation Concert, CMAA Australian Country Music Achiever Awards, CMAA Golden Guitar Winners' Concerts, and an ongoing programme of industry research, professional development and promotion." The website lists and describes a large number of festivals taking place through the year, mainly in NSW and Queensland and to a lesser extent in South Australia, Victoria and the Northern Territory. It also features a large number of links relevant to country music.
- The Australian Country Music Foundation (ACMF) was "formed to collect, preserve and display Australia's country music heritage." It is based in Tamworth, NSW, the home of a major annual country music festival. It is also building Australia's Country Music Hall of Fame as part of its efforts to establish a permanent country music archive and resource centre in Tamworth.
- The government's culture and recreation portal presents a history of country music in Australia.
- ↑ http://www.country.com.au/index.cfm?page_id=1031
- ↑ http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/music/country/index.htm
Hans Hoegh-Guldberg. Last updated 18 April 2007.